Monday, April 21, 2014

Our Weekend 4/18-4/20


1. Weekend started off with me going to bed early (by the way, our weekend technically starts on Thursday night because Steven only works Monday-Thursday). I have been fighting a cold for a week now. Which is crazy because I never get sick! Anyways, I have been reading this book Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman. So. convicting. Maybe someday I will write out my thoughts and convictions from this book.
2. Spent a big portion of the day painting our bedroom on Friday and finished it up on Saturday. It's amazing what a gallon of paint can do for a room.
3. Enjoyed some strawberries with some freshly made yogurt--made me excited for all the summer produce that we will be benefiting from soon. By the way, if you love yogurt and cannot justify the price you can make your own yogurt in your crockpot! I make two quarts every other week and we use it in smoothies and eat it for breakfast. The benefits of eating yogurt are great as well!
4. Steven acquired some more antlers over the week. Antlers take up space. Here he is lining them all up neatly on the cupboards. They look great up there!
5. Saturday was rainy, so what better thing to do then watch silly dog videos on Youtube! Avy giggled her head off.
6. Avy has been quite attached to Steven lately. Here she is leaning up against the laundry room door just waiting for him to come out. 
7. Bath time has become quite the adventure lately. She loves to splash. and splash. and splash....I am soaked by the end of bath time, but I'm thrilled she loves it so much :)
8. I cooked venison steaks and potatoes after Avy went to bed. I think it was my first time cooking the steaks myself since Steven usually makes them. I think I like it better when he cooks it...
9. Easter Sunday was beautiful. Steven preached a sermon up at Bigfork Community, and then we headed back for Easter dinner with his family. We all gushed over Ethan and Avy's outfits and watched them enjoy their Easter baskets. Then after lunch we all headed outside for some much needed sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment